20050504

Making the Switch

Yes. I'm a pathetic blogger. I still haven't updated my Monty Alexander posts to reflect my reviews of the evening (I can't believe that was two months ago...crazy). But something happened yesterday that is quite exciting. I've decided to liberate myself from the "blue screen of death".

I've ordered a spanking new 20" iMac G5. I've been watching this particular machine for about a year. Waiting, waiting, waiting...

The first thing I was waiting for was an iLife update. I wanted iMovie and iDVD to support 16:9 widescreen format. Why have a widescreen display if you can't support widescreen format? Then iLife '05 came out. Check.

The second thing I was waiting for was Garage Band reviews. How did it stack up as multi-track recording platform? Then the awards started rolling in. Check.

The third thing I was waiting for was Tiger. Check.

The fourth thing I was waiting for was the rumored memory upgrade. Bump in processor? Check. Bump in standard memory? Check. Bump in video memory and graphics card? Check. The now-standard bluetooth, wireless, and $100 price drop was just gravy.

So, now it's just a waiting game. Looking forward to the switch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home